Monday, July 10, 2017

Confusion


Confusion
Confusion

 

One day in a very rainy afternoon, I saw a man running down the road. He was very wet and from the looks of him, I know that he is very hungry. He saw me looking at him. I flinched. I was so scared that he might get angry with me. But he just passed. I stood there looking at his retreating back with my umbrella in my right hand. He kept running and running until I lost sight of him. I stood there, dazed. I cannot move. I cannot breathe.


 I remember those eyes. Eyes that were once full of emotions. I remember seeing those eyes. Two dark pools that can drown you to the very depths of your being. Dark and deep. I think I remember dreaming of eyes looking at me. I’m not really sure.
I remember those lips. Lips that are smiling from ear to ear. Lips whispering words of love and passion. Lips that I once touched. Lips that I once kissed. I still feel it. I think. I can still remember it. I think. I’m not really sure.


I remember those arms. Those arms that once hugged me when I’m cold. I remember those arms which carried me when I fall. Those strong arms that held me when I’m in despair. Those arms that shielded me. I think I could still feel the tightness of that hug.  I think I’m holding on to those arms for support. I think. I’m not really sure


I feel I remember but I don’t know. In fact, I’m not really sure. Did you look at me? Is it real? Are you real? Are you really running in the rain looking for a shed? Are you ok? Are you hungry? Are you cold?  I’m sorry I’m not sure. 

I’m holding an umbrella but I’m getting wet. Oh wait, I’m crying. I don’t know why but I’m sure I don’t know you. No, I’m not really sure.


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment